Saturday, September 01, 2007

(formerly known as the) E.B.S.

This has never happened to me before. When I was driving today, listening to the radio, the Emergency Broadcasting System activated... and it was NOT a test. It freaked me out for a sec, especially since the buzzer went off, the beeps sounded, and nobody said anything for almost a minute. Then a voice came on saying that there had been several tornadoes spotted in Kern County, CA, and that people should seek the appropriate shelter. I was about 150 miles west of there at the time, so I was good (whew!)

But I couldn't believe the EBS went off while I was listening to the radio! Weird... and kinda cool at the same time.

UPDATE: According to a Google search, it's now called the Emergency ALERT System.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home