Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Netflix-aholic: "Can you dig it?"

I love Netflix. If you don't have an account, get one. It's the best thing ever. It also poses a problem for me: I tend to put the most random crap in my queue. Sooner or later you forget to reorder the queue with what you want to see and you end up getting DVDs that have the potential to just sit on your coffee table as an experiment to see if DVDs really will last 100s of years.

That almost happened with the latest movie I got from Netflix: The Warriors. I forced myself to pop it in last night instead of watching the latest Jack Bauer-fest. I'm sure there's plenty of people right now saying "I can't believe you haven't seen that movie!" Well, suck it up... I never had.

Bottom line: The Warriors is a really fun movie to watch. I'm totally willing to watch it over and over, but I wouldn't buy it. My problems with the flick are few and far between. In fact, I can only think of one... and it's with the guy who plays Cyrus. His constant refrain of "Can you dig it?" was funny as hell, but his overall portrayal was ridiculous... more like a pastor than the ultimate gang-leader.

As the film says, "Warriors! Come out and play." Rent this movie. Have fun. And don't you dare come back and tell me you didn't like it because it wasn't realistic. Because it's not. And that's not the point.

your friendly neighborhood Netflix-aholic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home