Friday, December 29, 2006

This is NOT OK!!

That's all I'm thinking at the moment. Nothing terrible is wrong, mind you... I'm just watching the horror flick The Descent which is out on DVD now.

SPOILERS TILL END OF POST (mostly minor): I'm only 30mins into the movie so far and I'm finding it hard to watch, not because it's a bad movie, but because the critics were right: this movie plays on your most basic fears (or at least mine anyways). These women are in a cave with no natural light. That's bad enough, but then they go crawling into narrow narrow narrow passages that I don't think would fit my wide butt. This movie is making me feel claustrophobic and tight chested, so yeah... that's why all I can think is "This is not ok!"

Despite all that, the movie's been really good so far and you have to admire a movie that can make you feel that way. I'm gonna go watch some more.

UPDATE: One of them got stuck in one of the narrow passages. She started to freak out. I had to take a break again.

UPDATE 2: Still in the narrow place. Cave in! So not OK!! I WILL make it through this movie but I doubt I'll be watching it again.

UPDATE 3: Why is she hanging from the ceiling like that?!? Leave it to this movie to play on one's fear of heights while in a cave. God, I sound like a complete wuss. But really... explain to me how spelunking can possibly be any fun at all.

UPDATE 4: I just finished the movie and it IS quite good, but it became less scary to me when the "monsters" show up, probably because the make the situation less real in my eyes. That being said, the bone thing was horrifying for several reasons. You'll know what I mean when you see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home