Tuesday, February 06, 2007

And I was doing so well avoiding these

Let's talk MMORPGs for a sec. I just know I would absolutely love "World of Warcraft" (Lord knows my coworkers do). I also know that because I would love it, the game would consume every ounce of free time that I have. So therefore, I don't play it. And for that same reason, I don't own an XBOX 360, a Nintendo Wii, or play online poker. I am comfortable in my time-wasting activities that I don't need new ones.

That all may change. I just read a 2 sentence blurb in this month's Wizard that says that a Firefly (yes, that Firefly) MMO is being developed by some company called Multiverse. WHY AM I JUST HEARING ABOUT THIS?!?!?

If it's even slightly good, I'm getting it. Firefly is one of the all-time great yet shafted shows along with Arrested Development, but to be fair, Firefly was shafted harder that Arrested Development. How cool is it going to be to play an MMO where you get to be a real space cowboy just like good ol' Mal Reynolds.? Hopefully they'll get the master himself, Joss Whedon, to consult on the game to make it better. Ah, who am I kidding. If it blows, I'll probably still play it.

Link to an article on this subject in Wired Magazine.

UPDATE: You can get the entire series of Firefly on DVD for around $20 these days. I know Amazon had it for that low recently, as did Best Buy I think. It's always going on sale and at $20, you can't afford to pass it up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home