Saturday, February 17, 2007

Ghost Rider

I just got back from seeing Ghost Rider. It was awful. One of the worst comic-based superhero movies ever! The two people in front of me got up and left less than 1/2-way through the movie.

For me, out of the ones I've seen, Catwoman is probably the very worst. After that, Elektra. Then Hulk. Ghost Rider is probably on par with Elektra, although the latter did have Jennifer Garner and kung-fu which raises it up a slight notch... maybe.

The writer/director is the same writer/director that did Daredevil, which I enjoyed if only for the fact that I like Affleck, Garner, Favreau, and Joey Pants. I would've liked to see someone else as Kingpin, and a better story with better effects, but oh well. I can watch it again without cringing, and that's what matters in this discussion.

Ghost Rider has a God-awful script, terrible performances from good actors, bad direction, and toxic amounts of cheese. The effects were good if it was the Ghost Rider himself, but everything else looked less refined, like it was done 5-10 years ago. The story was bland and didn't make much sense 90% of the time, nor was the mythology very consistent. SPOILER QUESTION: if he could get stabbed while in Ghost Rider form and need to be stitched up after reverting back, shouldn't the 100 bullets fired into him by the police have killed him when he became Johnny Blaze again?

Ugh, and what was with all the pointing?!?!? You'll understand what I mean if and when you see the movie. LAME!!

ANOTHER minor SPOILER: the only good parts were with the goth girl (about 2mins) and the ride of the two Ghost Riders (about 30-seconds).

Please. No sequel. Just... no sequel.

UPDATE: Link to an Ain't It Cool News review that is much more eloquent (and angry) than mine. All the same, I totally agree!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home