Monday, February 19, 2007

What has FOX done now?

For the record, Fox News generally makes me angry. And also, I love Comedy Central's Daily Show, although I'm not a die-hard fan and I don't think it's the Gospel according to Jon Stewart. I just think it's funny and pertinent. Who doesn't like good topical comedy?

So, that being said, I'm not sure if the following makes me angry or just sad. Fox has created a Daily Show rip-off called The 1/2-Hour News Hour which seems to be specifically designed to lampoon Democrats and liberals. Fine. Ok. Everyone is entitled to skewer whoever they want in the name of comedy. It's just that the show is not funny at all.

I figured it out. The whole things just makes me sad. Not angry. So very sad.

Veteran TV writer John Rogers, over at his blog Kung Fu Monkey, has an exceptional and hilarious post on the show, the politics of it, the bad writing, and the so-called "comedic" nature of the show, complete with clips. I'll wager that you'll be amazed by the whole thing, and not in a good way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home