Saturday, March 10, 2007

(not) Rockin' Space Mountain

I went to Disneyland yesterday with a friend of mine. We're not Disney fanatics but we like Disneyland and really enjoy most of the rides, especially California Screamin' and Space Mountain (oh, and Tower of Terror!). Until the end of April, the music on California Screamin' and Space Mountain has been swapped out with songs by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

California Screamin' was ok. The music was way too loud though, and quite frankly, I prefer the old music. The RHCP song that they had on there was edited to shreds for some reason and it got really annoying. The ride is still one of the best coasters around, so don't let the music deter you.

Space Mountain is a different story. In my opinion, everyone should stay away from Rockin' Space Mountain. It sucks! Flat out sucks! Part of the appeal of Space Mountain is that you can't see the track, where you're going, etc. Again, THAT'S THE FUN!! So now that the RHCP are suppplying the music, there's all these seeming randomly placed lights in the ride. If I had to guess, I'd say that they're trying to make the inside seem like a rock concert... with a roller coaster going through. There are very bright red and blue lights all over the place. Most of the time, you can see the track and the walls for about 20 feet in all directions. It made me feel like I was on a coaster at the State Fair built in one of the agricultural buildings that normally houses hay and horse feed. And the music was too loud. And I'm pretty sure the song was a cover, but indeed sung by the Chili Peppers.

It was disappointing. I can't wait for May when both rides return to normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home