Thursday, March 23, 2006

My first story pitch (and Hellboy)

ohGod ohGod ohGod ohGod! I'm going in for my first proper bonafide story pitch at the end of next week down at The Studio, and I'm stressing like you wouldn't believe. If all goes well and the project gets greenlit, I'll be primarily the producer of an animated series for a major movie studio! Can't give you more details right now, though. Sorry! Top secret hush hush and all that what what, but "a nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat."

Hopefully, they'll also let me write the script since I'm developing the story, but "Baby steps, Bob." One thing at a time. I get myself worked up over the possibilities, and then I realize that I'm getting worked up and become so incredibly cynicial, it's ridiculous. Now if I could only figure out what to insert for the 2 gaping holes in the story, I'd be much happier. I'll keep you all updated as things move forward (or if they hit a brick wall!)

Anyways, it's always good to know that others are stressing like I am, just in a more advanced state, and with much more experience than I have to get them through it. I'm talking about Tad Stones, supervising director and producer of the upcoming Hellboy animated movie. He's keeping an online blog/diary of the whole production. It's really good stuff, very detailed, and is very educational for those of us who need it. He discusses everything from voice actors to color to storyboards to conferring with Hellboy-creator Mike Mignola. And the art is incredible! If you're a fan of Hellboy (the comics or the movie; I myself have never read the comics, but LOVE the movie) or just a fan of animation in general, Tad's blog is pure gold. Check it out!

"now all we need is a little energon, and a lot of luck."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home