Saturday, March 17, 2007

Buffy Season 8 and Angel Season 6?

In honor of the eagerly anticipated "Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season 8" #1 comic book from Dark Horse Comics that was released this week written by the man himself, Joss Whedon, I thought I'd share with you my favorite and least favorite episodes from the two Buffyverse series:

Favorite Buffy episode:
while the musical Season 6 episode "Once More With Feeling" ranks very highly in my book, I'd have to go with the Season 3 2-part finale "Graduation Day" instead. Buffy, the whole gang, the best villain the show ever had, and Faith! It doesn't get much better than this. Honorable mention goes to the Season 4 episode entitled "Hush." Could be the scariest of all the Buffy episodes, and was mentioned on some blog as the go to episode if you could only show 1 episode to a newbie to get them hooked.

Least favorite Buffy episode: the Season 6 premiere. I don't want to ruin it for the one's who haven't seen it, but let's just say I would've eventually been ok with ending the show at the end of Season 5.

Favorite Angel episode:
"A Hole in the World" from Season 5. Again, no spoilers, but it was so sad and well done. Honorable mention goes to the series finale "Not Fade Away." Bad ass! And yet, I felt so bad for Lorne.

Least favorite Angel Episode: any and all of them with Jasmine (I believe those were in Season 4). Just terrible.

The Season 8 comic is good and worth picking up but only if you've watched the show. You may be lost a bit if you haven't. Joss will be writing the first arc followed by Brian K. Vaughan, Jane Espenson and Jeph Loeb (not in that order). Joss will also be writing the last arc of the series which is supposed to run about 30 issues, or so I read somewhere.

Lastly, it was mentioned in the IDW panel today at Wizard World LA that Joss Whedon has been talking to "Spike" comic book scribe Brian Johnson about the possibility of writing the "Angel Season 6" comic book. I hope that goes through. I hear good things about Lynch's work and it seems he'd make a great fit for the new series. I'm looking forward to that series more than I was the Buffy series (but don't tell Joss).

(UPDATED with image and a few links)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home