Saturday, March 17, 2007

Sightings at WWLA

I went to Wizard World LA today. It was mostly boring... not a lot going on. Seemed smaller than last year. Oh well.

Here's a list of famous (?) folks I saw there today, broken out by industry. These are only the names of people I recognized without looking at their nametags/signs:

Comics: Peter David, Ed Brubaker, Marv Wolfman, Jeph Loeb, Tim Sale, Michael Turner. I've always wanted to get a sketch from Tim Sale. He's probably the only artist that I'd pay for a sketch from. That's not true... Jim Lee too. But Sale's at the top of the list. The line for Tim Sale's table in Artist's Alley was ridiculously long though and I am short on patience.

TV/Film: Kristen Bell (just as cute in person), David Arquette (taller than I thought), Paul Reubens (just like I thought), Steve Austin (massively tall), Vinnie Jones (looks meaner in person), Lou Gossett Jr. (he had no place else to go), and yes, Lou Ferrigno (same as always).

Music: Paul Stanley (freakishly tall) and Gene Simmons (also freakishly tall). It cracks me up that people didn't used to be able to recognize Paul Stanley without his KISS makeup. He looks pretty much the same without it.

Not the most eventful of days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home