Sunday, May 21, 2006

Dear HBO: I didn't like the ending

It was described to me as one of the best endings to a series ever. I thought the ending was lame lame lame lame. That's 4 lames, for those of you who are counting. That being said, the series itself (which I only read in TPB form and not single issues) was quite excellent. Gross at times and definitely not for the younguns, but good nonetheless.

So imagine how excited I was to read that Preacher may become an HBO mini-series. For those of you who've read the series... HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!?

Originally published by Vertigo (a DC Comics imprint for mature readers), there are 9 TPBs in all (trade paperbacks, for those not in the know). This series by Garth Ennis follows the adventures of Preacher Jesse Custer as he is joined with the Genesis force. He's joined by his girlfriend Tulip and an Irish vampire named Cassidy. It's a weird weird ride, but one worth taking if this sounds even remotely intriguing to you.

I think this would make an excellent mini-series on TV, but they're gonna have do something about the ultimate ending. I won't offer any spoilers here, but I think many people will get mad when they see it on principle alone. Not me. I just think it was the easy way out without answering all the questions. Kinda like the hand of God ending to Stephen King's The Stand

(I think I may have just incurred the wrath of both Ennis and King fans alike)

I would like to finish by saying that HBO should make this, and they should let me work on it. I'd even consider subscribing to HBO if they made the series. Also, I think Garth Ennis and Stephen King are both masters of their art, but I can't like EVERYTHING that they do. I have a little backbone (but not much).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home