Saturday, July 29, 2006

Eureka!

Thanks to the modern marvel of Tivo, I didn't get around to watching this show until just now. The 2-hour pilot was fun, engaging, and... well... smart. Good pilots are hard to make, people!

Also, I've read some criticism of Eureka around the 'net, saying that it's unoriginal and unrealistic. Sure, some of the themes are derivative, but that doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable. And to all those who say it's unrealistic... GIVE ME A BREAK! It's on the Sci-Fi Channel for God's sake! It's not supposed to be realistic. If you're looking for realism, watch Discovery or something. Trust me when I say, you will NOT find it on the Sci-Fi Channel.

Anyways, if you like fun and silly sci-fi shows, check this one out. It's not going to make history, but it is a bright spot in the dank, dark hole that is summer TV. I'll keep watching for a while at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home