Saturday, May 27, 2006

Quick review of "X-Men: The Last Stand"

Not bad. Certainly not as bad as the reviews I've been reading on Ain't It Cool News. I'd have to say, hands down, Storm is the worst part of this movie. She was TERRIBLY written and had the cheesiest lines of the entire film. So cheesy in fact that I couldn't help but laugh at what was supposed to be a tender moment in the film.

Anyways, if you like the first 2 movies, it's worth going to see this one. My only problem is that I've been such an X-Men fanboy for going on 20 years that it's hard for me to separate my annoyance at character portrayals and my love for blow-em-up movie blockbusters.

If you're an uber-fanboy (which I'm not despite what you say!), you're going to be sorely disappointed with the portrayals of Psylocke, Juggernaut, Angel, Callisto and especially The Phoenix, as well as the blatant and often necessary deviation from the comic book continuity. I mean seriously... the X-Men stories that this film is based on are some of the best-written stories in comic books today. Why change the story so much that it becomes unrecognizable? All that aside, the action and SFX were spectacular. I'd see it again.

In fact, I think I need to see it again so that I can actually formulate a cohesive opinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home