Thursday, April 19, 2007

my music-buying habits

I tend to buy all my music through the iTunes Store these days. After looking at my recent purchases, it turns out I only buy music if I heard it on the radio (most likely KROQ) and liked the song (natch), or I heard it used in a film/TV show. Here's a list of relatively recent purchases from the latter category in reverse chronological order with where I heard it in ( ):

"Hide and Seek" by Imogen Heap (SNL)
"Smack My Bitch Up" by Prodigy (referenced on SNL)
"Hold Tight" by Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich (Grindhouse: Death Proof)
"Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood (SNL) (I almost didn't admit to this one)
"Fury" by Prince (SNL)
"Ain't No Reason" by Brett Dennen (Scrubs)
"Fault Line" by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (Bones)
"Requiem for a Tower" by Corner Stone Cues (trailer for Sunshine)
"Get Back (Sum 41 remix) by Ludacris (trailer for Smokin' Aces)
"It Ends Tonight" by All-American Rejects (promo for Battlestar Galactica)
"Painkiller" by Turin Brakes (The Last Kiss)
"Prophecy" by Remy Zero (The Last Kiss)
"Warning Sign" by Coldplay (The Last Kiss)
"Winter" by Joshua Radin (Scrubs)
"Savin' Me" by Nickelback (promo for BSG)
"Two Words" by Kanye West featuring Mos Def, Freeway & the Harlem Boys Choir (Chappelle Show)

Good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home