Friday, January 12, 2007

Sadly, I own the X-Men comic on your right

I'm referring of course to the scene in Weird Al's "White and Nerdy" video when he's holding up a bunch of X-Men comics. My first thought was, "this video/song is hilarious!" (yes, I think in slash/words too). My second thought was, "that's Uncanny X-Men #268 on the left." I'm a dork. What do you want from me? Hey, in defense of my geekiness, the comic is worth around $20 now, which is a hell of an improvement over the $2 I bought it for way back when.

If you haven't seen the video yet, it's great. I hear that this song is Weird Al's first Top 10 hit. In case you're wondering, this song is a spoof of Chamillionaire's song "Ridin'". Weird Al's is better.

Donny Osmond is by far the best part of the video, though. BY FAR! (never thought I'd say that)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

20 big ones, huh? Now you can go to the movies... by yourself.

1/31/2007 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home